[horde] upgrade from 3.2RC1 to 3.3 : error upgrade db

frdt at dethysebaert.be frdt at dethysebaert.be
Sun Oct 26 17:16:03 UTC 2008

First thanks for this first response and sorry for my bad english.

What is the exact process to upgrade from 3.2RC1 to 3.3, it's seams to
be different documentations.

I have try the UPGRADE doc in the doc directory but with this one I
have many error during db upgrade.

I have try to run 2008-08-29_fix_mdb2_sequences.php in a parallele
horde directory where there is no config file configured and get the
error Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required
'/home/www/horde.3.3/scripts/upgrades/../../config/conf.php'.

I have try whith /scripts/setup.ph and the upgrade option to patch my
config files but interrompt proccess before db upgrade then all my
config files where patched .. after I copy the patched config files
again  I launch the 2008-08-29_fix_mdb2_sequences.php script who is
now runing correctly and than launch again the /scripts/setup.ph and
upgrade option with now the followings errors here after in this post.
(2008-08-29_fix_mdb2_sequences.php seams to need correct config file
to access the db)

After this upgrade with some errors the test.php script show the
correct version of horde webmail but .. I can't login into the horde
installation through the browser interface.

I run all these steps on a test server not in production .. I'm not crazy :)

thanks again for your help

Updating database...
[ ERROR! ] Updating the tables failed. Please see the manual at docs/INSTALL
            for how to setup the database manually. Error messages:
MDB2 Error: unknown error
_doQuery: [Error message: Could not execute statement]
[Last executed query: ALTER TABLE horde_syncml_map CHANGE
syncml_syncpartner syn
cml_syncpartner VARCHAR(255) DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL, CHANGE syncml_db
syncml_db VA
RCHAR(255) DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL, CHANGE syncml_uid syncml_uid
VARCHAR(255) DEFAU
LT ' ' NOT NULL, CHANGE syncml_cuid syncml_cuid VARCHAR(255) DEFAULT
NULL, CHANG
E syncml_suid syncml_suid VARCHAR(255) DEFAULT NULL, CHANGE
syncml_timestamp syn
cml_timestamp INT DEFAULT 0]
[Native code: 1071]
[Native message: Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes]

/home/www/horde-webmail-1.2/kronolith/scripts/upgrades/convert_datatree_shares_t
o_sql.php

[  INFO  ] Migrating share data for share_id: 2

Fatal error: Call to undefined method MDB2_Error::execute() in
/home/www/horde-w
ebmail-1.2/kronolith/scripts/upgrades/convert_datatree_shares_to_sql.php on
line
  161
/home/www/horde-webmail-1.2/mnemo/scripts/upgrades/convert_datatree_shares_to_sq
l.php

[  INFO  ] Migrating share data for share_id: 4

Fatal error: Call to undefined method MDB2_Error::execute() in
/home/www/horde-w
ebmail-1.2/mnemo/scripts/upgrades/convert_datatree_shares_to_sql.php
on line 160
/home/www/horde-webmail-1.2/nag/scripts/upgrades/convert_datatree_shares_to_sql.
php

[  INFO  ] Migrating share data for share_id: 3

Fatal error: Call to undefined method MDB2_Error::execute() in
/home/www/horde-w
ebmail-1.2/nag/scripts/upgrades/convert_datatree_shares_to_sql.php on line 160
/home/www/horde-webmail-1.2/turba/scripts/upgrades/convert_datatree_shares_to_sq
l.php

[  INFO  ] Migrating share data for share_id: 1
[ ERROR! ] MDB2 Error: no such table
[ ERROR! ] MDB2 Error: no such table
[  INFO  ] Migrating share data for share_id: 8
[ ERROR! ] MDB2 Error: no such table
[ ERROR! ] MDB2 Error: no such table
[  INFO  ] Migrating share data for share_id: 9
[ ERROR! ] MDB2 Error: no such table
[ ERROR! ] MDB2 Error: no such table
[  INFO  ] Migrating share data for share_id: 13
[ ERROR! ] MDB2 Error: no such table
[ ERROR! ] MDB2 Error: no such table
[  INFO  ] Migrating share data for share_id: 24
[ ERROR! ] MDB2 Error: no such table
[ ERROR! ] MDB2 Error: no such table
[  INFO  ] Encountered 10 errors. No data was deleted from your database.

Done.
Done updating Horde Groupware Webmail Edition.