[horde] Change charset dimp from 8859-1 to utf-8

Gerard Breiner gerard.breiner at ias.u-psud.fr
Tue Nov 4 10:03:30 UTC 2008

spamm at m-kunze.de a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> i spend now a lot of time to find out how i can change the charset in dimp.
> Where i can change it?
>
> I`ve the Horde Groupware Webmail Edition  1.1.1 as frontend, hmailserver
> as Backend, and this server forwarted the Mails to a Exchange 2003, and
> alway if i reseve the mail in Outlook i become Ö Ä Ü ß as Ä Ö Ãœ ß.
> Ive i try a Outlookexpress as IMAP-Client at the hmailserver and send a
> Mail, then its ok.
>
> King regards
>
> mike

Hello,

Maybe a problem of MySQL import from 8859-1 to utf-8. For doing this :
You could try again to import your bdd....for doing this you have to
select "latin 1" in the import window of your BDD, then select the sql
file you want to import .
After this operation the database is UTF-8. I hope this answer help you.

Regards

Gerard

--
Université Paris-Sud 11