[horde] SyncJE and Horde...

Joey Kinsella jkinsella at ancillaryservices.com
Tue Nov 4 13:20:06 UTC 2008

Hello list,

    So, I have been working with horde and blackberry syncing for a
little bit now, and have come across a few issues that I was hoping you
could all help me with.

    First off, it appears that if you try to sync a calendar with 1000+
events it dies... it seems (from what I can tell), that horde is going
through and comparing every calendar event (even on a slow sync.) By the
time horde parses all the information the SyncJE client disconnects. I
have attempted to up the timeout in SyncJE, but alas that doesn't seem
to help the situation. (in fact it seems to make it worse in that it
wont even attempt to sync sometimes.)

    What I find interesting about most of this, is that sometimes it
even has the issue on calendars that only have ~300 events. I realize
that Syncing with horde is still considered "beta" at best, but I was
just wondering if anyone could help with this problem, as I have spent
the last couple weeks on blackberry syncing, and have not been able to
successfully keep the sync going.. It appears that after a little while,
that syncing goes all crazy, and the only way to really recover is to go
into the MySQL database, and delete the syncml_anchors, and the
syncml_map for the respected client/user, and push a re-sync. But even
that only works about 45% of the time.

    I am very much willing to go through code, and patch something if
that is the solution required to fix this problem. I just need a good
place to start to look, as trying to reverse engineer the SyncML code,
is rather frustrating for me.. (seems like I have to open up 20 files to
figure out what one function is doing.)

    I'm currently using the following versions:

       Turba H3 (2.3)
       Kronolith H3 (2.3)
       Ingo   H3 (1.2.1)
       Imp H3 (4.3)
       Horde 3.3
       Mnemo H3 (2.2.1)
       Nag H3 (2.3.1)

    So, to sum it up the problem is basically this, Syncing is about a
50/50 chance of working, and SyncJE seems to be doing all the right
things, so the only place left I can think to look is inside of Horde.
Any help would be much appreciated...

--
Thanks,
Joey