[horde] Horde database cleanup, not delete everything

Jorge Dionisio Baigorri Salas anstiac at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 6 05:23:13 UTC 2008

Hello,

I've been using Horde for about 7 years now, and i've been on a private server since 2005 and i was browsing through the horde database because after upgrading my cpanel i had a client call saying he lost some entries on it's calendar (kronolith) ... i hope & assume it was due to upgrading cpanel.... and had to manually sql to add them from my backup into kronolith_events. And it's here that i came to realize that HORDE does'nt cleanup old entries automatically.. or so i guess because i was looking at entries from 2005!! LOL

So  my question/request would be if there's a way to set/programm a script to automatically cleanup ooold entries? I've already deleted the ones from kronolith_events based on the event date, but i looked in datatree_attributes, histories and prefs and i'm somewhat worried (apart from unwilling to do one by one manually) that i might end up screwing something up.

I know this is odd, but if any of you guys are up to the task, that would be great... if not... i'm a programmer myself and if someone points me in the right direction (ie.- which values linked to which fields related to which data i may erase) i would gladly do the script myself and share it here to be posetd somewhere in case anybody needs it too.

Best regards 2yall,
Nstiac