[horde] Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 1.2 upgrade problem from 1.1.1

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sat Nov 8 17:39:05 UTC 2008

Zitat von Götz Reinicke <goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de>:

> Hi,
>
> we run Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 1.1.1 for a couple of month now
> on a red hat EL 5.2 server with php-5.1.6-20 and mysql-5.0.45.
>
> Recently I noticed that there is the update version 1.2 is availabel,
> and I started to try the updateinstallation. This fails.
>
> Searching the mailinglists and using google didn't helped me so far.
>
> May be you can point me to an answere?
>
> I'v downloaded and extracted the 1.2-directory to the same path as the
> running 1.1.1 version: /var/www/html/
>
> Than I executed ./scripts/setup.php and choosed option (4) "Update from
> an older Horde Groupware Webmail Edition version"
>
> It starts with "Copying old configuration files..."
>
> Patching configuration files...
> Done creating configuration files.
>
> Locating PHP CLI program. Asking for DB root user and password.
>
> But than, the errors occure:
>
> Running pre-update scripts...
> /var/www/html/horde-webmail-1.2/scripts/upgrades/2008-08-29_fix_mdb2_sequences.php
> [   OK   ] Done
>
> Writing main configuration file
>
> Notice: Undefined index:  secret_key in
> /var/www/html/horde-webmail-1.2/lib/Horde.php on line 359

> Updating database...
> [ ERROR! ] Updating the tables failed. Please see the manual at docs/INSTALL
>            for how to setup the database manually. Error messages:
> MDB2 Error: unknown error
> _doQuery: [Error message: Could not execute statement]
> [Last executed query: ALTER TABLE horde_syncml_map CHANGE
> syncml_syncpartner syncml_syncpartner VARCHAR(255) DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL,
> CHANGE syncml_db syncml_db VARCHAR(255) DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL, CHANGE
> syncml_uid syncml_uid VARCHAR(255) DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL, CHANGE
> syncml_cuid syncml_cuid VARCHAR(255) DEFAULT NULL, CHANGE syncml_suid
> syncml_suid VARCHAR(255) DEFAULT NULL, CHANGE syncml_timestamp
> syncml_timestamp INT DEFAULT 0]
> [Native code: 1071]
> [Native message: Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes]
>

> Googling the "Native code: 1071" and "Native message:" results in a
> "problem" with the character encoding.
>
> I'm hesitating to run the horde/scripts/sql/create.mysql.sql my hand.

Looks like MDB2_Schema is changing the column definitions *before*
dropping and re-creating the index definitions. Can you file a bug
about that on pear.php.net?
Try restoring the old database and setup, dropping the horde_syncml_*
tables, importing scripts/sql/horde_syncml.sql manually, and then
running the upgrade again.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/