[horde] Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 1.2 upgrade problem from 1.1.1

Götz Reinicke goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Thu Nov 6 07:51:37 UTC 2008

Hi,

we run Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 1.1.1 for a couple of month now
on a red hat EL 5.2 server with php-5.1.6-20 and mysql-5.0.45.

Recently I noticed that there is the update version 1.2 is availabel,
and I started to try the updateinstallation. This fails.

Searching the mailinglists and using google didn't helped me so far.

May be you can point me to an answere?

I'v downloaded and extracted the 1.2-directory to the same path as the
running 1.1.1 version: /var/www/html/

Than I executed ./scripts/setup.php and choosed option (4) "Update from
an older Horde Groupware Webmail Edition version"

It starts with "Copying old configuration files..."

Patching configuration files...
Done creating configuration files.

Locating PHP CLI program. Asking for DB root user and password.

But than, the errors occure:

Running pre-update scripts...
/var/www/html/horde-webmail-1.2/scripts/upgrades/2008-08-29_fix_mdb2_sequences.php
[   OK   ] Done

Writing main configuration file

Notice: Undefined index:  secret_key in
/var/www/html/horde-webmail-1.2/lib/Horde.php on line 359

Updating database...
[ ERROR! ] Updating the tables failed. Please see the manual at docs/INSTALL
           for how to setup the database manually. Error messages:
MDB2 Error: unknown error
_doQuery: [Error message: Could not execute statement]
[Last executed query: ALTER TABLE horde_syncml_map CHANGE
syncml_syncpartner syncml_syncpartner VARCHAR(255) DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL,
CHANGE syncml_db syncml_db VARCHAR(255) DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL, CHANGE
syncml_uid syncml_uid VARCHAR(255) DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL, CHANGE
syncml_cuid syncml_cuid VARCHAR(255) DEFAULT NULL, CHANGE syncml_suid
syncml_suid VARCHAR(255) DEFAULT NULL, CHANGE syncml_timestamp
syncml_timestamp INT DEFAULT 0]
[Native code: 1071]
[Native message: Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes]

Googling the "Native code: 1071" and "Native message:" results in a
"problem" with the character encoding.

I'm hesitating to run the horde/scripts/sql/create.mysql.sql my hand.

Thanks for any hint and best regards

Götz Reinicke
--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 420
Fax  +49 7141 969 55 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Mathildenstr. 20
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. Claudia Hübner
Staatsrätin für Demographischen Wandel und für Senioren im Staatsministerium

Geschäftsführer:
Prof. Thomas Schadt