[horde] Enable FROM-Field in Compose Message

Michael Koehler bittehier at nurfuerspam.de
Thu Nov 20 10:26:16 UTC 2008

Hi,

>> I´ve installed horde webmail 1.2 and latest stable horde/imp. In
>> both installations I can´t see the possibilty to enable the from-
>> field in compose new message-window. Where can I do this? And I don
>> ´t understand the using of the settings under options/mail/personal
>> informations and then the fields "Your alias addresses" and
>> "Addresses to explicitly tie to this identity". What could I do
>> with it? My first idea was, there is a drop down field in compose
>> new message to select one of the allias addresses, but it doesn´t
>> work :(.
>>
>> Has anybody an idea how can I use this feature?
>
> Do not lock the from_addr in prefs.php of Horde/IMP and be aware
> that you only can switch the identities in the compose window, so if
> you don't have multiple identities you cannot choose.

I don´t lock the "from_addr" in horde/config/prefs.php and also in
horde/imp/config/prefs.php: If I understand it right, this entrys are
for the option settings and if I locked this, nobody can edit the
"from_addr" field, right?

I knew that if I add more than one identity I can choose in compose
message window the identity but I´am wondering what can I do with the
fields "alias" and "tie to" in IMP options? What can I do with this
entrys? I think it could a useful thing, if I can choose in compose
new message window in one and the same identity a different alias as a
sender, isn´t it?

Greetings,
Michael