[horde] autocreate default calendar, task, etc. when new LDAP user logs in

b5b5b5b5 b5b5b5b5 at centrum.sk
Thu Jan 22 14:45:08 UTC 2009

Hi.

I would like to create default calendar, task, etc. for already existing
users in the AD, which are authenticating against Active Directory(AD)
(using hooks which i've posted here
http://wiki.horde.org/CustomizingPreferences#toc2).
Enviroment: Horde 3.3.2, Kronolith 2.3, Nag 2.3.1

Previously when i was testing and using MySQL as auth. backend, i was of
course forced to create new users through the horde
Administration/Users, to e.g. test them how things work, etc. .
- Thus when the new user was created, i noticed that the user's default
calendar and task was automatically created.
- Now, when using AD LDAP auth. with existing users, and some user logs
in, he won't find any default calendar, task or anything else as in the
previous sample with MySQL auth. backend. and that's the problem.

I think, that the default calendars, tasks and etc. are some part of the
"new user" creation process.
And because my users already exist in the AD, there won't be any default
cal. and task "creation" process.

And i would like to solve this thing somehow.
- i've examined the horde database tables, and have found the necessary
fields which are being used. but i think it's quite lengthily for me
(and SQL soft-skilled user) to be able to adapt.
- another thing i've examind was the horde/admin/user.php file. perhaps
i've found there necessary lines, but again i'm not that much skilled in
PHP to be able to understand entire PHP syntax.

Now i don't know what else to do with it, especially having no clue what
to use in my attempts.
If i would know what function or maybe variables to call/use, then
perhaps i can try to create some bash shell script, or something alike.
But now i have nothing.

So if somebody could give me some advice, direct me what to use, or what
to change, i would be really happy.
Or is there any easier way, about why i'm not aware, maybe some PHP
modification, or hook i can use?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Daniel