[horde] Handling heavier number of users - splitting up the modules

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Fri Jan 23 12:19:41 UTC 2009

Hi,

Quoting Linux Advocate <linuxhousedn at yahoo.com>:

> Guys,
>
> I am tinkering with Horde Groupware webmail Edition. My boss wants
> to get rid of the exchange box in the office.
> We hav one new server( Server B)  with more storage and and older
> server.( Server A)
>
> What i would like to do is to install the Groupware in Server A but
> put postfix and courier in Server B.
>
> 1. Do i need to install the groupware on server B too? Or do i just
> modify the webmail interface so that its pointing to server B.

Horde is an mailclient, it uses IMAP and SMTP to acces the mailservers.
So there is no need to install Horde on Server B. In some cases it may
be usefull to install postfix on server A too for outgoing mail,
reminders and agenda emails.
The only thing you have to do is tell Horde which server to use.
The configuration of the imapserver is in imp/config/servers.php
The configuration of the smtpserver can be done in the webinterface

> Sorry i m a little confused. Any pointers will be much appreciated.
>

> Marco.

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen