[horde] Can't see messages in a folder

mtecles at biof.ufrj.br mtecles at biof.ufrj.br
Fri Jan 30 18:48:11 UTC 2009

Sorry, resending message.

Citando Marcelo Terres <mhterres at gmail.com>:

> Hi.
>
> There is an user that have a folder with 9893 messages (1.8Gb).

Several operating systems limit to 2GB any file, assuming this folder
is a file (not directory mail).

> When we try
> to open this folder in Horde, after about 30 seconds, the folder appears
> like empty.

It hapens when the file is limited, it´s like it is currupted. Use
command line, login as root, go to where the file is make a backup
copy and use
"mail -f filename", delete some messages (d  xx yy zz) and quit (q).
The system will rewrite the file. Have the user present with you and
let the user tell you what messages to delete, try mesages to the end
of the file. Ask the user to login on Horde/Imp, to see the result.
Repeate the operation if necessary.

I use system quota and sometimes a user exceeds its quota and the
result is alike. This procedure solves the problem.

Recent IMP version shows the size of wich folder and the total size.

> Is there some kind of limit of messager per folder, or something that I must
> configure to correct this question ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Marcelo H. Terres
> mhterres at gmail.com