[horde] Bottleneck ? CPU or HDisk IO or RAM

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Feb 4 17:16:45 UTC 2009

Quoting Linux Advocate <linuxhousedn at yahoo.com>:

> A. supposing its two boxes of Dual Core Dual Xeons, 8GB RAM and 7.2k
> rpm 750 GB SATA
> disks ( 6  or more ) in a RAID10, i.e one for horde, one for
> imap/pop/webmail ,will the 7.2k rpm sata drives cut it ? since imap
> is hard disk i/o intensive ( as mentioned in one of the posts here ) ?

I hope so, because I'm about to deploy the same type setup soon. :)  I
won't be able to tell you until I deploy though, which might be too late.

Mine will be quad core Xeons, 8GB RAM, and SATA in RAID-10 on perc 6/i. :)
The dual vs quad shouldn't be a big deal...  The SATA is the question (but
who can afford SAS at 3 times the price?)

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

This message is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind,
either expressed or implied.  Use this message at your own risk.