[horde] $conf[user][select_view] has no effect

Florian Oszwald oszwald at web.de
Sat Feb 7 10:59:03 UTC 2009

Dear list,

I am running the latest version of horde webmail
with dimp, imp and mimp installed.
Furthermore I use dovecot for authorization via imp

Logging in as admin in horde and changing the following parameter in configuration of imp:
$conf[user][select_view]  is set to "yes"

has no effect.

At login the user is not prompted to choose between imp, dimp or mimp.
Next, when I change the above parameter to "no" and change the then appearing parameter "force to dimp" --> at next login it is still imp that starts.

I checked, that the conf files have write permissions, and that the conf.php in  horde/imp/config has the changed values in it.
I also searched the web and read some threads regarding this topic.

I may be blind and would highly appreciate any help.

Regards,
Florian