[horde] LDAP Groups Encoding

Aleix Dorca adorca at uda.ad
Sun Feb 8 17:05:33 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have this question regarding groups and LDAP (OpenLDAP). Both my
users and groups are stored in an LDAP server. Since I'm in Andorra it
is quite normal for them to have special characters like accents and
such.

When I deal with User information (turba getting contacts from LDAP,
and such) names show their correct encoding, but when using groups all
special characters appear as \C3\B3 for example.

All users and groups are created using LDIF files, or PhpLdapAdmin.
Always the same. Also, I have an Active Directory in a production
environment and I've compared LDAP searches and both (openldap and AD)
return the same. Some clients encode special characters on groups,
while other like Horde groups don't do it at all.

My question is: How can I solve this? Or should i not use groups with
special characters? How do you people deal with this?

Thanks a lot,

Aleix.