[horde] Fwd: Installing Horde - Help Please!

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Feb 9 18:11:43 UTC 2009

Zitat von rob at mkb-group.com:

> APOLOGIES IN ADVANCE FOR MY IGNORANCE AND THE LENGTH OF THIS FIRST POST.
>
> I downloaded the latest Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 1.2.1 but try as I
> might I am struggling to install the system on my site5 domain.
>
> I think I may be answering a few of the setup questions incorrectly but I
> am uncertain which ones.
>
> For talking sake here is the example mysql database/username etc
>
> I manually created the mysql database and username and gave all privledges
> to the user hoping this would help:
>
> database: site_horde01
> username: site_email01
> password: email123
>
> When I execute the script setup.php this is my answers to the questions:
>
> 1. I choose /horde as my default install location which is where it is.
> 2. I choose option 1 first off to Configure database settings.
> 3. I choose mysql as database type
> 4. I choose 1 for persistant connections (not actually sure what this is!)
> 5. I enter username for database as site_email01
> 6. I enter password as email123
> 7. When asked how to connect to the
> database I choose tcp (again not sure
> what to do with this one.
> 8. I then enter my domain name for the database server/host as
> mysite.co.uk
> 9. When asked for the port I choose the suggested 3306
> 10. I then enter the name of the database as site_horde01
> 11. I choose utf-8 as the character set.
> 12. I choose false for split reads to a different server (not sure what
> this is)
> 13. I am then told writing configuration file was successful.
>
> I then move on to option 2 from the main menu to configure the database
> and tables.
>
> 1. I ask then system to create the database/tables for me.
> 2. I am now asked to enter the database superuser name and password.
> 3. I get an error message advising access denied for the username/password
> provided.
>
> I have tried the username/password for the site_horde01 database and also
> the username/password for the domain, neither work.

This means that the database user that you specified doesn't have
sufficient permissions to create new databases and/or tables. If you
don't want to create a new database anyway, but use the existing db,
then you should tell this to the setup script, i.e. answer NO when
asked whether to create a new database. You still need permissions to
create tables though.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/