[horde] Kronolith/IMP "Accept and Update In My Calendar" Not Working

Danny Herrlitz d.herrlitz at klemm-hensen.de
Thu Feb 12 11:01:17 UTC 2009

Quoting Danny Herrlitz <d.herrlitz at klemm-hensen.de>:

>> Zitat von Robert McAuley <rmcauley at ca.afilias.info>:
>>
>>> When clicking "Accept and update in my calendar" for a Kronolith event,
>>> the event does not get added to my calendar.
>>>
>>> Steps I'm doing to reproduce:
>>>
>>> - Open shared calendar "Meeting Room" owned by user X
>>> - Book meeting at any time, any day, inviting myself and 1 other user
>>> (user Y), and send invite email
>>> - Open invite email in IMP and click "accept and update my calendar"
>>>
>>> My calendar is not updated when I do this.  I remember it was working
>>> before I updated my Horde Groupware Email to 1.2.1, though I can't
>>> confirm what version number it was when it last worked for me. (I
>>> typically use Lightning, it was only today that a user alerted me to
>>> this bug on IMP)
>>>
>>> The Horde debug logs do not give much information - just debug info for
>>> memcache servers/session handling, and alarms.  Nothing useful
>>> pretaining to this bug.
>>>
>>> Is there an option I am missing somewhere, maybe, or does this seem like
>>> an actual bug?  My Default Calendar in Kronolith is set correctly - so
>>> it's not that being a problem.
>>

> Same here and it worked in previous 1.2.1 versions.
>
>> Updating the calendar means updating the calendar in which the
>> event is stored. Since you can created the even yourself, this
>> doesn't make much sense. This is the reason why we discourage
>> combining meeting request with shared calendars.
>
> The options say "updating *MY* calendar".
>
> That is definitely a different behaviour than in older versions. If
> I get an invitation per mail from a person (maybe an external one
> without horde) than I want to update or insert this event in MY
> calendar, not in the calendar the event is created. I cannot have
> the rights to do this in any case.

I tried a fresh install of 1.2.2 - works!

So I did a test-upgrade of our 1.2.1 to 1.2.2 and updating events in
my calendar based of mail invitation works again. So it seems to be an
bug in 1.2.1.

Not a big deal any more, cause 1.2.2 exists.

Regards!
Danny

--
Ingenieurbüro Klemm & Hensen GmbH
Geschäftsführender Gesellschafter:      Günter Klemm