[horde] Disabling Last Login message

Steve Devine sd at msu.edu
Thu Mar 5 18:39:52 UTC 2009

We have found the Last Login notice to be more trouble that its worth.
In DHCP land our users can have their name in the hostname. So sometimes
Jane Doe logs in and sees that the last login was from John Smith and
she freaks out. Jane calls the Help Desk convinced that John Smith has
been reading her email. The reality of course is that John Smith now
currently has the ip address that Jane had the last time she was logged in.

So the upshot is I want to stop it but so far its proven more difficult
that I an hoped short of commenting out the code.

In ../config/prefs.php
is this :
// show the last login time of user
$_prefs['show_last_login'] = array(
    'value' => false,
    'locked' => false,
    'shared' => false,
    'type' => 'checkbox',
    'desc' => _("Show last login time when logging in?")
);

Which i have set to false yet it still remains.
Ideas?

--
Steve Devine
Email & Storage

313 Computer Center
East Lansing, MI 48824-1042
1-517-432-7327

Baseball is ninety percent mental; the other half is physical.
- Yogi Berra