[horde] Disabling Last Login message

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu Mar 5 18:48:18 UTC 2009

Quoting Steve Devine <sd at msu.edu>:

> We have found the Last Login notice to be more trouble that its worth.
> In DHCP land our users can have their name in the hostname. So sometimes
> Jane Doe logs in and sees that the last login was from John Smith and
> she freaks out. Jane calls the Help Desk convinced that John Smith has
> been reading her email. The reality of course is that John Smith now
> currently has the ip address that Jane had the last time she was logged in.
>
> So the upshot is I want to stop it but so far its proven more difficult
> that I an hoped short of commenting out the code.
>
> In ../config/prefs.php
> is this :
> // show the last login time of user
> $_prefs['show_last_login'] = array(
>     'value' => false,
>     'locked' => false,
>     'shared' => false,
>     'type' => 'checkbox',
>     'desc' => _("Show last login time when logging in?")
> );
>
> Which i have set to false yet it still remains.
> Ideas?

You should set it to false (as you have done) AND set the 'locked'
attribute to 'true'. This will prevent users from setting this
preference back to true. Additionally, you will need to manually
either remove (or set to false) the existing entries in your prefs
backend that have it set to true.

Thanks,
mike

--