[horde] horde webmail upgrade issue

tom burkart horde at aussec.com
Mon Mar 9 05:32:47 UTC 2009

Hi,
I have two issues with setup.php when upgrading from horde webmail
1.0.6 to 1.2.2 (Apache 2.2.10, PHP 5.2.6, SUSE 11.1):

The output text of problem 1 is as follows:

Writing main configuration file
Updating database...
[ ERROR! ] Reading the existing table structure failed. Error messages:
MDB2_Schema Error: schema validation error
default value of "pref_scope" is incorrect: "''::character varying" is
larger than "16"

The actual table definition is as follows (PostgreSQL 8.3.5, SUSE 11.1):

CREATE TABLE horde_prefs (
      pref_uid character varying(255) NOT NULL,
      pref_scope character varying(16) DEFAULT ''::character varying NOT NULL,
      pref_name character varying(32) NOT NULL,
      pref_value text
);

This should be ok...

The output text of problem 2 is as follows:

scripts/upgrades/convert_datatree_groups_to_sql.php

A fatal error has occurred

Horde is not correctly configured to log error messages. You must
configure at least a text file log in horde/config/conf.php.

Conf.php for logging has the following entries:

$conf['log']['priority'] = PEAR_LOG_NOTICE;
$conf['log']['ident'] = 'HORDE';
$conf['log']['params'] = array();
$conf['log']['type'] = 'syslog';
$conf['log']['enabled'] = true;

What am I doing wrong here?
What should it be for text file logging (I cannot change it in the web
interface as the web interface in non-operational at this point in
time).

tom