[horde] New horde install - problem with prereq mcrypt

Swenson, Chris cswenson at curry.edu
Thu Mar 26 15:53:24 UTC 2009

I am preparing to install the horde-webmail-1.2.2.  I have run into a
hassle with the pre-req mcrypt-2.6.8.  It is having trouble finding
libmcrypt-2.5.8 which

I have already installed and verified that it is in the expected
directories.

The exact error is below.

>> checking for libmcrypt-config... /usr/local/bin/libmcrypt-config

>>checking for libmcrypt - version >= 2.5.0... no

>>*** Could not run libmcrypt test program, checking why...

>>*** The test program compiled, but did not run. This usually means

>>*** that the run-time linker is not finding LIBMCRYPT or finding the
wrong

>>*** version of LIBMCRYPT. If it is not finding LIBMCRYPT, you'll need
to set your

>>*** LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable, or edit /etc/ld.so.conf to
point

>>*** to the installed location  Also, make sure you have run ldconfig
if that

>>*** is required on your system

>>***

>>*** If you have an old version installed, it is best to remove it,
although

>>*** you may also be able to get things to work by modifying
LD_LIBRARY_PATH

>>***

>>configure: error: *** libmcrypt was not found

I have tried a few suggestions I found via Google about modifying
lib.so.conf and exporting the path but none have worked.

I tried searching the horde/imp archives for mcrypt but I did not find
anything immediately relevant.

I would appreciate any pointers

Thanks

Chris S.