[horde] How can Horde use the search index of cyrus?

Alexa Rodriguez avrodriguez at jusbaires.gov.ar
Tue Apr 7 13:31:18 UTC 2009

Hi people!

I have a doubt about imp using server side sorting. We are using the
Horde version 3.3.4-cvs and Cyrus as the imap backend. When we use
Squirrelmail if I activate the "server side sorting" in the config
everytime I search in the webmail for some mail I can see the cyrus
using the cyrus.squat files to improve the search. But when I search
from horde the cyrus doesn't use the cyrus.squat. This causes that the
search takes a very long time in horde compared to squirrelmail. In
squirrelmail a search is inmediate, in horde ... it takes a few
seconds. Surely the not use of the cyrus.squat is the problem.
Im using the same Php(5.2.0) version in horde and squirrelmail (in
fact, is the same webserver with diferent virtualhosts), with the same
imap account in the same cyrus.

Why horde doesn't use the server side sorting provided by cyrus? Is
there anything to configure? In squirrelmail I have to enable the
option. But I couln't find any option in horde to enable this.

Any ideas?

For those who do not know, the cyrus.squat files holds the index of
the keywords of all mails per inbox in the cyrus imap server. Which
improvies the performance of all searchs.

Thanks in advance!!

Aleka!