[horde] How canHorde use the search index of cyrus?

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue Apr 7 17:51:29 UTC 2009

Quoting Alexa Rodriguez <avrodriguez at jusbaires.gov.ar>:

> Hi people!
>
> I have a doubt about imp using server side sorting. We are using the
> Horde version 3.3.4-cvs and Cyrus as the imap backend. When we use
> Squirrelmail if I activate the "server side sorting" in the config
> everytime I search in the webmail for some mail I can see the cyrus
> using the cyrus.squat files to improve the search. But when I search
> from horde the cyrus doesn't use the cyrus.squat. This causes that the
> search takes a very long time in horde compared to squirrelmail. In
> squirrelmail a search is inmediate, in horde ... it takes a few
> seconds. Surely the not use of the cyrus.squat is the problem.
> Im using the same Php(5.2.0) version in horde and squirrelmail (in
> fact, is the same webserver with diferent virtualhosts), with the same
> imap account in the same cyrus.

All sorting is done in IMP 4.x via the c-client library.  Whether it
uses the IMAP SORT capability or does sorting itself I don't know.
Unfortunately, since this is all internal to c-client, there is
nothing we can do from the Horde/IMP side.

The c-client library has been replaced in IMP 5 - there we use server
side sorting if the remote server advertises its support.

michael