[horde] horde dyndns googlemail

cozmo c_o_z_m_o at gmx.de
Wed Apr 15 16:18:44 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I just have a general question about Horde. I wanted to use it because of
all the extensions (calendar, email, memo) from all over the world.

My Idea was to use it as a mobile office which I can access from everywhere.

To realize this I installed it on a lamp system at home. As I have no static
IP I use Dyndns to access it.

Now comes my question. What is the best way to set it up from the Email
perspective.

1. Should I install an Email Server on my linux machine?
2. Is it possible to use i.E. googlemail, gmx e.g. as underlying Email
plattform for Horde?

I installed HORDE already but if i go to myserver.dyndns.org/horde I cannot
login. I dosen't know my username - password. I suppose it is because I have
not installed the underlying email plattform.

Thanks for your information.

SePp