[horde] Turba LDAP Contact Lists

Simon Wilson simon at simonandkate.net
Mon Apr 20 10:36:02 UTC 2009

(uid=20090414105734.18132bcih8razipq at mail.simonandkate.net,ou=simon,ou=personal_addressbook,dc=simonandkate,dc=lan):
>> object class 'inetOrgPerson' requires attribute

>>> No. Both, individual contacts and address lists, require the same

>>> object classes at the moment.

>> adding
>> find
>>>
>>> What do you mean with member ship lists? There are a few other
>> places
>>> where groups can be used, there is an address book driver for
>>> example, that can display other members of the user's groups. But
>> the
>>> main purpose is permissions/sharing, yes.
>>>
>>> Jan.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Do you need professional PHP or Horde consulting?
>>> http://horde.org/consulting/
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> Thanks Jan for the response.
>>
>> So basically, as Turba does not ask for enough information to
>> populate the required attributes of the LDAP object classes when
>> creating a contact list, Turba Contact Lists with an LDAP backend
>> are currently not operational?
>
> Of course it is, as long as both require the same set of object
classes.

> Jan.

> http://horde.org/consulting/

"...as long as both require the same set of object
classes."

Adding a Contact List asks you for only one parameter - the Contact
List name. With Contact List creation using the same Object Classes as
when you add a Contact, for it to successfully create a Contact List
with only the single attribute asked for you cannot use the "person",
"inetorgperson", or "organisationalperson" object classes for Contacts
- all of which require "cn" and "sn" attributes.

With those classes enabled so Contacts have a meaningful set of
attributes adding a Contact List throws an object class violation.

To me having to disable those basic object classes to make Contact
Lists work makes Contact Lists not operational with an LDAP backend...
unless I am missing something obvious...

--
Simon Wilson
www.simonandkate.net