[horde] Turba LDAP Contact Lists

Simon Wilson simon at simonandkate.net
Thu Apr 23 19:54:31 UTC 2009

(uid=20090414105734.18132bcih8razipq at mail.simonandkate.net,ou=simon,ou=personal_addressbook,dc=simonandkate,dc=lan):
>>> object class 'inetOrgPerson' requires attribute

>>> adding
>>> find

>>> places
But
>>> the

>>> Thanks Jan for the response.
>>>
>>> So basically, as Turba does not ask for enough information to
>>> populate the required attributes of the LDAP object classes when
>>> creating a contact list, Turba Contact Lists with an LDAP backend

>>> are currently not operational?
>>
>> Of course it is, as long as both require the same set of object
> classes.
>>
>> Jan.
>>
>> --
>> Do you need professional PHP or Horde consulting?
>> http://horde.org/consulting/
>>
>> --
>>

> "...as long as both require the same set of object
> classes."
>
> Adding a Contact List asks you for only one parameter - the Contact

> List name. With Contact List creation using the same Object Classes

> as when you add a Contact, for it to successfully create a Contact
> List with only the single attribute asked for you cannot use the
> "person", "inetorgperson", or "organisationalperson" object classes

> for Contacts - all of which require "cn" and "sn" attributes.
>
> With those classes enabled so Contacts have a meaningful set of
> attributes adding a Contact List throws an object class violation.
>
> To me having to disable those basic object classes to make Contact
> Lists work makes Contact Lists not operational with an LDAP
> backend... unless I am missing something obvious...
>

> --
> Simon Wilson
> www.simonandkate.net

I must be doing something wrong or mis-understanding something?

My sources.php Shared Address Book is as follows (it's just the
default one from sources.php.dist, enabled):

$cfgSources['localldap'] = array(
      'title' => _("Shared Directory"),
      'type' => 'ldap',
      'params' => array(
          'server' => 'server01.simonandkate.lan',
          'port' => 389,
          'tls' => true,
          'root' => 'ou=shared_addressbook,dc=simonandkate,dc=lan',
          'bind_dn' => 'uid=' . $_ldap_uid . ',ou=users,' . $_ldap_basedn,
          'bind_password' => Auth::getCredential('password'),
          'sizelimit' => 200,
          'dn' => array('cn'),
          'objectclass' => array('top',
                                 'person',
                                 'organizationalPerson',
                                 'inetOrgPerson',
				'turbaContact'),
          'scope' => 'one',
          'charset' => 'utf-8',
          'version' => 3
      ),
      'map' => array(
          '__key' => 'dn',
          '__uid' => 'uid',
          '__type' => 'turbaType',
          '__members' => 'turbaMembers',
          'name' => 'cn',
          'email' => 'mail',
          'lastname' => 'sn',
	 'firstname' => 'givenName',
          'homePhone' => 'homephone',
          'workPhone' => 'telephonenumber',
          'cellPhone' => 'mobiletelephonenumber',
          'homeAddress' => 'homepostaladdress',
          'freebusyUrl' => 'calFBURL',
      ),
      'search' => array(
          'name',
          'email',
          'homePhone',
          'workPhone',
          'cellPhone',
          'homeAddress'
      ),
      'strict' => array(
          'dn',
      ),
      'approximate' => array(
          'cn',
      ),
      'export' => true,
      'browse' => true,
  );

If anyone can shed any light on how I need to change that to make LDAP
accept Turba-created Contact Lists as well as Contacts (which work
perfectly) it would be much appreciated.

This is a brilliant set of software applications, and this is about
the only functionality that i have not been able to get working yet...
:(

Thanks.

--
Simon Wilson