[horde] Turba LDAP Contact Lists

Simon Wilson simon at simonandkate.net
Fri Apr 24 09:35:42 UTC 2009

Quoting Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>:

> sorry...meant to send to list.
>
> On Fri, 2009-04-24 at 07:01 +1000, Simon Wilson wrote:
>
>> Thanks Craig... I actually have those lines at the head of
sources.php
>> (the bit I quoted was just the Shared Address Book component), and
the
>> Contacts functionality works a treat. The problem occurs when
trying
>> to create a Contact List in LDAP as Turba doesn't present enough
>> information for the requested Object Classes' mandatory attributes
>> be satisfied with the config as it is - I get an objectClass
Violation
>> message.
> ----
> that of course would have much to do with your LDAP setup as it is
the
> schema you use that has required attributes.
>
> In your case, you gave...
>           'objectclass' => array('top',
>                                  'person',
>                                  'organizationalPerson',
>                                  'inetOrgPerson',
>                                 'turbaContact'),
>
> and I don't use turbaContact but I know that my implementation of
> OpenLDAP and 'person' states...
>
> objectclass ( 2.5.6.6 NAME 'person'
>         DESC 'RFC2256: a person'
>         SUP top STRUCTURAL
>         MUST ( sn $ cn )
>
> So each entry MUST have a last name and common name. As I said, I
don't
> know your setup so I wouldn't know the requirements of top, person,
> organizationalPerson, inetOrgPerson or turbaContact in your system.
>
> YMMV
>
> Craig

> believed to be clean.

My setup of OpenLDAP when it comes to schema is vanilla plus the
horde.schema and rfc2739.schema from Horde, and samba.schema for samba
account setup.

As you say, I am using an objectclass array of top, person,
organizationalperson, inetorgperson, and turbacontact. Person (and
organizationalperson and inetorgperson which are dependent on Person)
requires cn / sn as you say.

Sounds like my setup is functionally the same as yours, i.e. when we
create a new Turba contact, LDAP *requires* sn and cn. No problems -
provide those and it works fine. Got that bit working a treat.

 From what I can see however, a Turba Contact List is *uncreatable*
with an LDAP backend in that scenario, as the Person Objectclass'
mandatory attributes cannot be realised with the standard Contact List
creation method. If you are creating Contact Lists with that array of
ObjectClasses, then I'd love to know how...

My OpenLDAP schema are standard and unmodififed, the Turba sources.php
LDAP section is basically just uncommented from .dist (with the
TurbaContact attribute added as I am using the Horde schema
extensions). So I am as close to "standard" LDAP that you can get for
Turba.

Yet from what I can see it will not work in this setup. Again, unless
I'm missing something obvious.

If it's not capable of doing this in this setup, no problems, this is
free software that is hugely capable, well written and easy to use
(and I love it), but from what I've been told when commenting it would
appear to be non-operational in this setup "Of course it is, as long
as both require the same set of object classes". So it would appear
that I must be missing something.

Yet I can't see how it's possible to share the same set of object
classes for contacts and contact lists whilst still retaining a
reasonable set of attributes for a Contact (i.e. Person, etc) but
allowing only a single name attribute for a Contact List.

Unless there is some way to automate placing the Contact list name in
BOTH cn and sn when you create a list to allow it to create? I'm not a
developer, or I'd have a go... anyone offer any tips?

Should I log an enhancement request, or am I going to crash and burn? :)

Thanks.

--
Simon Wilson
www.simonandkate.net