[horde] Turba LDAP Contact Lists

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Apr 23 23:40:35 UTC 2009

sorry...meant to send to list.

On Fri, 2009-04-24 at 07:01 +1000, Simon Wilson wrote:

> Thanks Craig... I actually have those lines at the head of sources.php
> (the bit I quoted was just the Shared Address Book component), and the
> Contacts functionality works a treat. The problem occurs when trying
> to create a Contact List in LDAP as Turba doesn't present enough
> information for the requested Object Classes' mandatory attributes to
> be satisfied with the config as it is - I get an objectClass Violation
> message.
----
that of course would have much to do with your LDAP setup as it is the
schema you use that has required attributes.

In your case, you gave...
          'objectclass' => array('top',
                                 'person',
                                 'organizationalPerson',
                                 'inetOrgPerson',
                                'turbaContact'),

and I don't use turbaContact but I know that my implementation of
OpenLDAP and 'person' states...

objectclass ( 2.5.6.6 NAME 'person'
        DESC 'RFC2256: a person'
        SUP top STRUCTURAL
        MUST ( sn $ cn )

So each entry MUST have a last name and common name. As I said, I don't
know your setup so I wouldn't know the requirements of top, person,
organizationalPerson, inetOrgPerson or turbaContact in your system.

YMMV

Craig

believed to be clean.