[horde] Horde/Kronolith Email Reminders Random Behaviour

Robert McAuley rmcauley at ca.afilias.info
Thu Apr 30 19:37:51 UTC 2009

Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Robert McAuley <rmcauley at ca.afilias.info>:

> Agendas and reminders are completely different things. Thus reminder
> preferences don't apply to agendas.

The option specifically states:

"Choose if you want to receive daily agenda email reminders:"

Selecting "On my calendars only" results in people getting events that are definitely not in only their calendars.

>> - Reminders arrive a random amount of minutes late (5, 10, 20, 30, 60,
>> no rhyme or reason)
>
> Do they arrive late, or are they sent late? Are the dates in the
> reminder messages correct?

They are sent late, often at strange times that the */5 cron does not run at.  (does the script fork?) I only have examples myself of reminders being sent far after they were supposed to. (none that were actually sent *after* the event, although my users complained loudly of it)

The best example I have is an email for a user who had an event whose reminder was set for 20 minutes before the event started at midnight UTC.  The date sent on the email was:

Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 20:00:06 -0400

Which is on time for the event, but 20 minutes later than he wanted the reminder.  A "bizarre time" example from another event is:

Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 12:59:25 -0400

It's hard to get examples of this functionality being broken at the moment since email reminders stopped working altogether.  Is there a way (even if I have to modify the code a bit) to get logging enabled only on the alarms script?

> Reminders no longer use VFS is using the alarms.php script.

Ahh, thanks for that heads up then.

- Rob