[horde] Horde/Kronolith Email Reminders Random Behaviour

Robert McAuley rmcauley at ca.afilias.info
Fri May 1 18:22:33 UTC 2009

Jan Schneider wrote:

> Events in the agenda or in alarm notifications?

In the daily agenda.  Shared calendar events show up despite selecting "my calendars only."

> Alarm notifications are also triggered by users using the Horde
> interface. The purpose of the alarms.php script is to make sure that
> alarms are also sent out if noone is using the interface.
> My guess is that alarms.php doesn't work at all for you, and you are
> only seeing notifications if someone is using the interface.

That makes sense, and some quick testing confirms that this is definitely the case.

> Set logging to debug and run the script.

I just tested this - the resulting log file is gargantuan, but there are no errors (did a scan, plus "grep -v debug horde.log") and the script seems to complete its job with no errors.  The final log line is that Horde is writing its session data.

My alarms config is simply:

$conf['alarms']['params']['driverconfig'] = 'horde';
$conf['alarms']['params']['ttl'] = 60;
$conf['alarms']['driver'] = 'sql';

Is there anything else I can tell you that might help trace this down?  I'm thinking this might be some sort of configuration error on my part, but don't see how it can be. (my Linux server has a single php.ini for both CGI and CLI, they are not separated)

- Rob