[horde] Login Problems - Horde Groupware Webmail v1.2.3

Duane Hill d.hill at yournetplus.com
Mon May 4 14:37:27 UTC 2009

I just recently installed v1.2.3 on a FreeBSD 6.4 server. I have followed
the installation instructions with the docs/INSTALL document and have all
required FreeBSD ports/packages installed. I have seen the test page by
visiting http://myserver/horde/test.php. There isn't anything on the page
that indicates errors. I have also performed the tests that are listed
beside imp, ingo, kronolith and turba. All are clean.

I have edited imp/config/servers.php to reflect using our IMAP server that
resides at a different location. IMAP connections from the server Horde is
installed on is able to make successful telnet IMAP connections to the
other server without error. However, whenever a login attempt is made
using Internet Explorer 7, the login screen stays up. When I look in the
logs for Horde, it says the login was successful. When I look in the logs
on our IMAP server it shows the login was successful and there was an
immediate logout directly following within the same second of time.

I have searched the web for solutions of which none I could find worked.
Does anyone have a helpful tip or pointer?