[horde] Upgrading Horde

mtecles at biof.ufrj.br mtecles at biof.ufrj.br
Wed May 6 23:27:06 UTC 2009

I have just upgraded from

Horde 3.1.5
IMP H3 4.1.5
Ingo H3 1.1.4
Turba H3 2.1.5

Horde 3.3.3
IMP H3 4.3.4
Ingo H3 1.2.1
Turba H3 2.3.1

So, an adivise: whatever Horde webmail or individual upgrades, do it
on a test machine. Both of them mean upgrading. Take note of every
step you do (I mean it!), use some text editor.

Backup your database (mysqldump, mysqladmin or alike) and horde
directory (tar) and reproduce them on the test machine. You will have
to do gradual upgrades, so read carefully every ~/docs/UPGRADING file
and follow every step (some migth be tricky). Read one upgrading file
at a time, corresponding to the upgrade you will do. Take a look at
~/docs/INSTALL too, just for fun. Some upgrades will need the
corresponding conf.php and new pear "modules". If you have problems,
don´t forget: take note. Once the problem solved you can reproduce it
when doing it for real.

Your installation is very much alike the one I had, just minor
different versions. So, I think you could follow the same steps.

I will sent you those steps as soon as I translate my notes into
English. Meanwhile download Horde 3.2.1, Imp 4.2, Ingo 1.2, Ingo
1.2.1, Turba 2.2.1, Turba 2.3.1, Horde 3.3, Horde 3.3.2, Imp 4.3.2,
Horde 3.3.3, Imp 4.3.4. Also download upgrades of your other Horde
applications. Reading ~/docs/UPGRADE from most recent stable
distribution you will find out which intermediate versions you will
need.

I didn´t have kronolith, mnemo, gollem, nag installed, so I can´t help
on those. After my upgrade I installed latest stable kronolith, mnemo
and mimp.

Mimp 1.1.1 is easy to instal and may be usefull for your users.

Mauricio

--

Mauricio J. T. Tecles
Instituto de Biofisica C. C. F. - UFRJ