[horde] Fwd: Spell check issue with HTML Composition

gimili gimili17 at gmail.com
Tue May 12 01:01:43 UTC 2009

> I am using the latest version of horde groupware webmail and imp is also up to date below are the versions listed. I have an issue with spell check (aspell) in HTML composition mode. In HTML composition mode spell check doesn't work while it works fine in text composition mode. When we do spell check in HTML mode it shows that it is checking but it never completes and hangs. Any help will be highly appreciated.
>        HORDE GROUPWARE WEBMAIL EDITION 1.2.3
>        Address Book (turba) H3 (2.3.1)
>        Calendar (kronolith) H3 (2.3.1)
>        HORDE (horde) 3.3.4
>        Filters (ingo) H3 (1.2.1)
>        Mail (imp) H3 (4.3.4)
>        Notes (mnemo) H3 (2.2.1)
>        Tasks (nag) H3 (2.3.2)
>        @(#) International Ispell Version 3.1.20 (but really Aspell 0.60.3)

I have one user who today ran into a similar issue.  In ie with html and
automatic spell check on send, imp freezes and does not send message.  I
turned off automatic spell check and it is ok.  Doing a manual spell
check with html composition works so at least I was able to get the user
going.  I am using latest stable versions of horde with debian as the
os.  I tested another account and it worked fine.  Perhaps it is a
certain combination of settings.