[horde] Comments in Ansel

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Fri May 15 00:35:56 UTC 2009

Quoting Simon Wilson <simon at simonandkate.net>:

> Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
>
>> Quoting Simon Wilson <simon at simonandkate.net>:
>>> What am I missing - when I click on "0 Comments" below a photo in
>>> Ansel (the hover tooltip reads View or Leave Comments) it just
>>> takes
>>> me to the picture - I can't see any way to actually leave
>>> comments.
>>
>> Do you have the Agora application installed and setup on your
>> server?
>>

>> Thanks,
>> mike
>>
>> --
>> The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
>> mrubinsk at horde.org
>>
>> "Time just hates me. That's why it made me an adult." - Josh Joplin
>>

> No I don't - does it require Agora for comments? I don't recall
> seeing that anywhere in the docs. (5 minutes later) I've just been
> through all the docs at http://www.horde.org/ansel/docs/ and can't
> find any reference to Agora...

It's tested for in ansel/test.php and tells you what it's for if it's
missing, but I agree it should probably be elsewhere as well. Probably
in INSTALL and on the Comments configuration tab in Ansel's config.

> Should I log an enhancement request for if Agora is not installed it
> hides the comments functionality, and to update the docs to show
> Agora as a pre-requisite for Ansel for comments?

Sure, add a ticket for the improved docs, but the only part of the
comments API that still shows without agora installed is the comments
text on the image title - which wouldn't be visible if comments were
not enabled in Ansel's config, so that's not really an issue.

Of course, patches for any improved documentation would always be welcome =)

Thanks,
mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)