[horde] installing horde via cvs on a debian/lenny

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu May 28 22:45:54 UTC 2009

> Sorry,
>
> I am not familar with working with git. What debian-package have I to
> install and what do I have to do to get horde-cvs working?

Well, that depends on what you mean by 'horde-cvs'.  If you mean the
most recent development code, then you need code from both our CVS and
Git repositories (our code is being migrated to Git as we continue
development on Horde 4). If you don't know what Git is, or the
instructions at http://www.horde.org/source/git.php scare you, then
bleeding edge development code is not for you.

If your looking for the most recent code on our stable branch, then
you will need to checkout the FRAMEWORK_3 branch from our CVS
repository. If the instructions at http://www.horde.org/source/cvs.php
are confusing or scare you, then you should just install one of our
release tarballs.

> Thanks for your answer.
>
> Regards
>
> Wolfgang Bock