[horde] Horde problem with large mailboxes

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Fri May 29 20:18:57 UTC 2009

Quoting Jose Luis Marin Perez <jolumape_al at hotmail.com>:

> Something extra to make is that when you delete the contents of the
> table horde_prefs without making any changes to the webmail (Without
> hiding eliminated, without a sort mails, etc) shows me the 2000 emails
> quickly, in contrast to when I change the order by date is when it
> takes over 2 minutes.

This tells me your IMAP server does not support server-side sort.  So
in order to sort, the headers of *every* message must be downloaded to
the IMP server in order to do the sort.  Arrival sort is probably your
only option (or else upgrade to an IMAP server that supports
server-side sorting).

michael