[horde] Problem of slow with server-side sorting

Steve Devine sd at msu.edu
Tue Jun 2 23:07:21 UTC 2009

Quoting "Jose Luis Marin Perez" <jolumape_al at hotmail.com>:

> It's possible migrate from Courier to Cyrus using Qmail + Vpopmail
> with Maildir format?
>
>  I've been investigating is that Cyrus only works with Mailbox.
>

> The only solution would be migrating from Courier to Cyrus? or is there
> any alternatives to increase memory and / or processor to the server.
>

> The truth which I am grateful for their help and the time taken in
> answering my mail, I am no expert in these matters but it is always
> good to learn.
>
>  Jolumape

While it is true that IMAP is often the biggest bottle neck there are
other things to consider - Apache tuning and how many child processes
are you allowing?  I would most definitely add more memory if you can
get it up to 4 gig I would do so. I asked you earlier about your
storage are you on local disk?
How many simultaneous users are you seeing?
What is your settings in imapd config for these?
MAXPERIP
MAXDAEMONS

/sd