[horde] permissions setting of maximum recipients and max emails over time period

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 01:36:59 UTC 2009

I set up the pair of permissions settings in imp and was surprised to find I was
blocking all email compositions because I didn't have something else configured
in a completely different part of the administration interface (imp
settings, Other
Settings, Outgoing Email Logging).

In the logs it showed, e.g.:

Jun 11 17:05:52 HORDE [error] [imp] The permission for the maximum
number of recipients per time period has been enabled, but no backend
for the sent-mail logging has been configured for IMP. [pid 12431 on
line 973 of "/usr/local/www/horde/horde-webmail-1.2.3/imp/lib/Compose.php"]

There are a number of things that could be done about that issue.
One would be to place a warning by the permission settings that they
need to pick a backend.  Another would be to log to the horde.log
file by default (what I wanted) and do not require a special backend.
Either would be less disruptive to users when an admin picks what
might seem to be a straightforward option to enable.

Perhaps the database is needed to determine how many messages
are sent over a time period.  Later I tried the SQL option but it
still showed an error in horde.log about a backend not being configured.

I'm working with horde webmail groupware edition 1.2.3.

I've looked in the documentation and can't find info.  Any pointers?

--Donald