[horde] Class definition of Horde_Cache_emcache not found

d.hill at yournetplus.com d.hill at yournetplus.com
Fri Jul 3 00:45:31 UTC 2009

Quoting Andrew Morgan <morgan at orst.edu>:

> On Thu, 2 Jul 2009, d.hill at yournetplus.com wrote:
>
>> I'm running Horde Groupware Webmail 1.2.3 on FreeBSD 6.4.
>> Periodically I am receiving the error in the subject line of this
>> message. It happens at different times, I.e. moving messages to a
>> folder, viewing a message, viewing the message headers, etc.
>>
>> The error message displayed is:
>>
>> A fatal error has occurred
>> Class definition of Horde_Cache_emcache not found.
>> [line 107 of
>> /usr/local/www/apache22/data/horde/imp/lib/IMAP/MessageCache.php]
>>
>> Does anyone know what possibly may be going on?
>
> "emcache" looks like a typo for "memcache" to me.

It isn't a typo on my part. I did copy and paste the EXACT error. I'm
no PHP developer. However, I didn't find anything in the entire Horde
directory structure referencing anything with the text
'Horde_Cache_emcache':

     cd /usr/local/www/apache22/data/horde
     egrep -R Horde_Cache_emcache

So, it would seem to me it is a class that is built in a different way.