[horde] ingo H3 (1.2.1) and dovecot-managesieve

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Thu Jul 9 13:57:00 UTC 2009

Robert Schetterer schrieb:
> Stefan G. Weichinger schrieb:
>> Robert Schetterer schrieb:
>>
>>> however i hope this ifo leads to debug your problem
>> Thanks a lot, Robert.
>>
>> I tried your backends.php, no change in behavior.
>>
>> Now I remembered another installation I did back then. Things work
>> there, although with older dovecot 1.1.4, this is a gentoo-box ...
>>
>> I took the backends.php from there, ingo and horde are the same on both
>> boxes. One works, the other does not ...
>>
>> This points more at dovecot and managesieve, hm?
>>
>> I am quite confused already ...
>>
>> When I place a sieve-script via vim, deliver follows the rules without a
>> problem ...
>>
>> Stefan
>> --
>
> Hi Stefan, docevot 1.2 knows
> sieve and cmusieve which one do you use ?
> after all i am sure that you had not forget to compile the rule
> after create with vim
> http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Sieve/CMU
> http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Sieve/Dovecot
>
> ---snip
>
> Script Compiling
>
> When the Sieve script is executed for the first time (or after it has
> been changed), it's compiled into into a binary form. Dovecot Sieve
> implementation uses the .svbin extension to store compiled Sieve scripts
> (e.g. .dovecot.svbin). To store the binary, the plugin needs write
> access in the directory in which the script is located.
>
> A problem occurs when a global script is encountered by the plugin. For
> security reasons, global script directories are not supposed to be
> writable by the user. Therefore, the plugin cannot store the binary when
> the script is first compiled. To mitigate this problem, the
> administrator must manually pre-compile global scripts using the sievec
> command line tool. For example:

additional
you might look at this

Per-user Sieve script location

By default, the Dovecot Sieve plugin looks for the user's Sieve script
file in the user's home directory (~/.dovecot.sieve). This requires that
the home directory is set for the user.

If you want to store the script elsewhere, you can override the default
using the sieve setting, which specifies the path to the user's script
file. This can be done in two ways:

   1.

      Define the sieve setting in the plugin section of dovecot.conf.
   2.

      Return sieve extra field from userdb extra fields.

For example, to use a Sieve script file named <username>.sieve in
/var/sieve-scripts, use:

plugin {

 sieve = /var/sieve-scripts/%u.sieve

so try to use verbose log of lda, this will show up bugs
and switch to dovecot mailling list intermediate, until it might not be
horde or ingo related

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer