[horde] ingo H3 (1.2.1) and dovecot-managesieve

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Thu Jul 9 13:48:46 UTC 2009

Stefan G. Weichinger schrieb:
> Robert Schetterer schrieb:
>
>> however i hope this ifo leads to debug your problem
>
> Thanks a lot, Robert.
>
> I tried your backends.php, no change in behavior.
>
> Now I remembered another installation I did back then. Things work
> there, although with older dovecot 1.1.4, this is a gentoo-box ...
>
> I took the backends.php from there, ingo and horde are the same on both
> boxes. One works, the other does not ...
>
> This points more at dovecot and managesieve, hm?
>
> I am quite confused already ...
>
> When I place a sieve-script via vim, deliver follows the rules without a
> problem ...
>
> Stefan

Hi Stefan, docevot 1.2 knows
sieve and cmusieve which one do you use ?
after all i am sure that you had not forget to compile the rule
after create with vim
http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Sieve/CMU
http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Sieve/Dovecot

---snip

Script Compiling

When the Sieve script is executed for the first time (or after it has
been changed), it's compiled into into a binary form. Dovecot Sieve
implementation uses the .svbin extension to store compiled Sieve scripts
(e.g. .dovecot.svbin). To store the binary, the plugin needs write
access in the directory in which the script is located.

A problem occurs when a global script is encountered by the plugin. For
security reasons, global script directories are not supposed to be
writable by the user. Therefore, the plugin cannot store the binary when
the script is first compiled. To mitigate this problem, the
administrator must manually pre-compile global scripts using the sievec
command line tool. For example:

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer