[horde] Public Calendars

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sun Jul 19 14:45:15 UTC 2009

Quoting Elliot Anders <elliot at marlboro.edu>:

> Aleka,
> make sure you have created a permission for kronolith
> (Administration -> Permissions) that allows guest show and read.
> Then you can give per-calendar per-group/user permissions including
> guest view permissions at the calendar level through Manage Calendars.
> Here's our setup: (I've tweaked the views to hide the main
> navigation for guests)
> http://www.marlboro.edu/calendars/kronolith/
>
> We had need to pull these out to our main website as well and I've
> written a php script that parses the calendar page and displays it
> within our other sites.  As an example:
> http://www.marlboro.edu/news/academic_calendar/
> I'd be happy to share if you think that would be useful.

FWIW, Kronolith supports embedding of calendars into external sites
using javascript. You can embed the same calendar views you can use as
blocks in the Horde Portal...due to limitations with external websites
and ajax calls, you won't be able to *navigate* the calendar on the
external page, but they will link directly back to your Horde server.
Not sure if that suits your needs, but it'a another option.

That's a very nice looking page, Elliot, feel free to write a HowTo on
our wiki.

Thanks,
mike

--