[horde] Installing Horde from Git/CVS

Robert McAuley rmcauley at ca.afilias.info
Fri Jul 31 15:56:22 UTC 2009

I am trying to install Horde from the latest CVS/Git versions, according to the instructions at http://wiki.horde.org/Doc/Dev?referrer=ReleaseManagement, however I'm running into a few problems on my CentOS 5.2:

- The CVS line given doesn't work.  This I worked around by setting my CVSROOT to :pserver:cvsread at anoncvs.horde.org:/repository and checking out from there

- Installing the devtools package won't work:

[root at horde-staging devtools]# pear install package.xml
parsePackageName(): invalid package name "package.xml" in "package.xml"
Unknown channel "pear.horde.org"
Parsing of package.xml from file "package.xml" failed
Cannot initialize 'package.xml', invalid or missing package file
Package "package.xml" is not valid
install failed

I imagine there's a missing step from the instructions here.

- Calling the horde-fw-symlink.php directly will work for symlinking horde-git, but when you try to use horde-hatchery:

[root at horde-staging horde]# php ../framework/devtools/horde-fw-symlinks.php --src ../horde-hatchery/framework
horde-fw-symlinks.php: Horde_Cli library is not in the include_path or in the src directory.

Is this another missing step in the instructions, or a result of not being able to install the PEAR package properly?

(I intend to update the wiki instructions once I get things working)

--
Regards,

Rob McAuley
Systems Administrator, Afilias