[horde] alternate text, icon not showing in some cases

jbesko at msu.edu jbesko at msu.edu
Tue Aug 11 00:25:44 UTC 2009

And "Jefferson Davis" <jdavis at standard.k12.ca.us> said:

> This is clearly cosmetic, but would be nice if I could fix this.
>
> In the menu bar there is almost always one icon that will not
> display until the mouse is placed over it.  The it shows up.
>
> Any ideas what might be causing this or where I might look to debug further?

I remembered a case like this, and it turned out that the problem was
the text for the icon was the same as the background it was in.  When
I widened the screen so all the icons fit on to one line, all the text
showed up.  I seem to recall it was with one scheme (Mozilla, I think)
and the user was using Safari in this case.  The user had described
the same symptoms, where she couldn't see the text for the icon unless
it was highlighted.

--

Joe Besko                      Phone:        517.432.5335
Systems Programmer             Fax:          517.353.9847