[horde] after debian upgrade to lenny, "DB Error: Extension not found"

mtecles at biof.ufrj.br mtecles at biof.ufrj.br
Tue Aug 25 15:06:34 UTC 2009

I don't know which Horde version you are using, but I think you can
stay with this one for now, upgrading it now would add to the
problem. I miss spell "horde" DB user on the preceding mail.

After solving the problem and have Horde working and before upgrade
Horde, back it up. Back up your DB (dump), back up your Horde
installation (tar). Do the upgrade on a test server and take note of
every step (I mean it!) so you can reproduce then on the production
server. Read each horde/~/docs/UPGRADING for each Horde application
you have.

Mauricio

On 25 Aug 2009 at 10:38, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Aug 2009, mtecles at biof.ufrj.br wrote:
>
> > It's a hole new system! Verify that you have installed php5-common
> > php5-mysql php5-cli php-pear php5-gd, php5-imap if using IMAP. Read
> > horde/docs/INSTALL, verify that you have those PEAR modules
> > installed, check with horde/test.php, verify that you can access
> > Horde database with "hode" user by command line.
> >
> > Mauricio
>
>   gotcha.  but one quick question before diving into that -- for the
> time being, i would like to leave the current horde setup as it is as
> much as possible.  is that remotely possible?  that is, i'd like to
> avoid having to upgrade the horde software itself right this minute.
>
> rday

> Robert P. J. Day                               Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA
>
>         Linux Consulting, Training and Annoying Kernel Pedantry.
>
> Web page:                                          http://crashcourse.ca

Mauricio J. T. Tecles
Instituto de Biofisica Carlos Chagas Filho - UFRJ
Edificio do Centro de Ciencias da Saude, Bloco G
Av. Carlos Chagas Filho, 373
Cidade Universitaria, Ilha do Fundao
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Brasil