[horde] after debian upgrade to lenny, "DB Error: Extension not found"

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Tue Aug 25 14:54:53 UTC 2009

On Tue, 25 Aug 2009, mtecles at biof.ufrj.br wrote:

> It's a hole new system! Verify that you have installed php5-common
> php5-mysql php5-cli php-pear php5-gd, php5-imap if using IMAP. Read
> horde/docs/INSTALL, verify that you have those PEAR modules
> installed, check with horde/test.php, verify that you can access
> Horde database with "hode" user by command line.
>
> Mauricio
>
> On 25 Aug 2009 at 9:48, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>

> >   after a full upgrade of etch to lenny earlier this morning, any
> > attempt to access horde on the server generates
> >
> >   A fatal error has occurred
> >
> >   DB Error: extension not found
> >
> >   Details have been logged for the administrator.
> >
> > i've been googling already, and numerous people report that it's an
> > issue regarding kronolith[2?] and PHP.  i can't do a debian upgrade on
> > anything related to horde since all of that was installed simply by
> > unloading tarballs, so can anyone suggest the proper fix?
> >
> >   i can see something that might be relevant under:
> >
> >     <sitename>/horde/kronolith/lib/Scheduler/kronolith.php
> >
> > is that something i should be investigating?  and where would those
> > details have been "logged"?  where would those diagnostic msgs have
> > gone by default so i can read any extra detail i can get my hands on?
> > thanks.

  ok, here's the current scenario.  my newly-upgraded lenny system
already had:

  php5-common
  php-pear

i had to install:

  php5-mysql
  php5-cli
  php5-gd
  php5-imap

i then restarted the apache 1.3 server, and tried again to get to
horde, got the same error, so i opened horde/test.php, and here are
some of what look like important lines:

  PHP Module Capabilities:
    GD Support: No
    MySQL Support: No

why is that?  is that because horde is still looking for the PHP4
versions of those packages?

  i ran "mysql" to check the databases and the horde database was
still there.  so is it just a PHP version mismatch?  and where would i
change that?  and could those issues cause exactly the error i'm
currently seeing?

rday