[horde] after debian upgrade to lenny, "DB Error: Extension not found"

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Tue Aug 25 15:10:30 UTC 2009

a quick followup:

On Tue, 25 Aug 2009, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   ok, here's the current scenario.  my newly-upgraded lenny system
> already had:
>
>   php5-common
>   php-pear
>
> i had to install:
>
>   php5-mysql
>   php5-cli
>   php5-gd
>   php5-imap
>
> i then restarted the apache 1.3 server, and tried again to get to
> horde, got the same error, so i opened horde/test.php, and here are
> some of what look like important lines:
>
>   PHP Module Capabilities:
>     GD Support: No
>     MySQL Support: No
>
> why is that?  is that because horde is still looking for the PHP4
> versions of those packages?
>
>   i ran "mysql" to check the databases and the horde database was
> still there.  so is it just a PHP version mismatch?  and where would i
> change that?  and could those issues cause exactly the error i'm
> currently seeing?

  to further suggest it's a PHP mismatch, the current status of the
old php4-mysql package is "rc", meaning it's been deleted and only its
config files are left.  so that would certainly explain why, if any
component of horde is still trying to use php4 for mysql, it's going
to fail badly.  with what little i know, that would certainly suggest
why test.php claims that there's no PHP MySQL support.  so i just need
to know what horde config file to change to resolve that.  thanks
muchly.

rday