[horde] my plan for upgrading my horde install

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Tue Aug 25 20:23:34 UTC 2009

  let me suggest a more refined approach to my 3.0.9 -> 3.3.4 upgrade.
currently, there is a "horde" mysql database, with all of the
3.0.9-related horde data.  let's leave that where it is, and make a
copy of it, call it "horde334" or something like that.  (what's the
mysql command to just make a copy of an existing database under a
different name?  i guess i can look that up.)

  once "horde334" exists, do all the upgrade steps on *that*, and i
should be able to do that with the collection of scripts that come
with horde-3.3.4.

  once my horde334 database has been brought up to date, install
horde-3.3.4 and slowly and carefully configure it to resemble the old
setup, the main difference being that i obviously point it at the
"horde334" database, and i'm assuming it will use that database, and
not just blindly wipe it out and create a new, empty one.

  once that configuration is complete, i should be able to browse to
my new horde install and start work again, no?  is there anything
wrong with that logic?

rday