[horde] my plan for upgrading my horde install

Roberto Maurizzi roberto.maurizzi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 07:00:14 UTC 2009

>   1) kronolith calendar, so i'll check the upgrade info on that as
>     well

As a rule you should check for additional configuration files in
/horde/appname/config when you upgrade a Horde application and
edit/integrate so that their format is up to date with the new version:
sometimes there are new keywords or other changes. You should check che
*.dist files and either redo your customization starting with a fresh copy
of the *.dist file, or add to your old file the extra parameters, info, etc,
that are in the *.dist file of the new version. In particular if you
customize prefs.php you should carry over the customization but you have to
use the new version. Horde usually say something it there's a problem in
those files, but I had a case with Ansel I think where it simply didn't work
until I remembered to update prefs.php with the new one.

Kronolith is quite ok with "secondary" configuration files (there's only the
keywords.php and menu.php and I don't know if those were also available in

  does all that sound reasonable?

Yes... mainly because if something goes wrong you can go back anytime and do
other tests quicky :-)

Ciao,
  Roberto