[horde] logging into horde just fails quietly

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Wed Aug 26 19:34:44 UTC 2009

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009, Vilius Šumskas wrote:

> Sveiki,
>
> Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 10:07:50 PM, you wrote:
>
> >    i am fresh out of ideas here, and i apologize for abusing this
> > list as much as i have.
>
> >    with my new 3.3.4 install, i have an account and password that
> > seems to be valid.  when i use it to login to horde, the log file
> > (/tmp/horde334.log) shows:
>
> > Aug 26 14:58:02 HORDE [notice] [horde] Login success for rpjday
> > [192.168.169.1] to Horde [pid 16754 on line 138 of
> > "/var/www/XXXXXX/horde/login.php"]
>
> You have reported that your Horde lives under
> /var/www/xxxx/horde-3.3.4 folder and now you are saying that it is
> under /var/www/xxxx/horde.  You've probably messed up cookie path in
> horde/config/conf.php and/or Horde's path in
> /horde/config/registry.php

 i moved all of this back under the old name of "horde" for
consistency, and i've made sure all of the PHP files reflect that.
there are no remaining traces of the name "horde-3.3.4".

> And please make one thread, name it "horde upgrade" or something and
> stick to it. It is really hard to follow what you are trying to do.

  i apologize for that.  i sometimes start a new thread if i think the
problem is sufficiently different and independent from older ones.
personally, i think a subject of just "horde upgrade" is overly vague
and uninformative, but i see your point and i apologize.

  at the moment, as i mentioned, logins that the log file claim
succeeded don't put me into a horde session, but i don't see a single
diagnostic anywhere.  if i could find an error message somewhere, at
least i'd have a place to start.  i'll keep looking.

rday