[horde] with new 3.3.4, attempts to login to horde fail

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Aug 26 19:46:59 UTC 2009

Quoting "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday at crashcourse.ca>:

> Aug 26 14:14:51 main dovecot: imap-login: Login: user=<rpjday>,
> method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, TLS
> Aug 26 14:14:51 main dovecot: IMAP(rpjday): Disconnected: Logged out
>
>   that *seems* to be telling me that the imap-login itself is
> rejecting the login.

No it's not.  It instead informs you that the user was properly logged
in.  The second entry occurs because the IMAP connection is always
closed at the end of a page access, since state can't be maintained in
PHP between two different page accesses (this is the main reason to
use an imapproxy).

michael