[horde] with new 3.3.4, attempts to login to horde fail

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Wed Aug 26 21:09:55 UTC 2009

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009, Michael M Slusarz wrote:

> Quoting "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday at crashcourse.ca>:
>
> > Aug 26 14:14:51 main dovecot: imap-login: Login: user=<rpjday>,
> > method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, TLS
> > Aug 26 14:14:51 main dovecot: IMAP(rpjday): Disconnected: Logged out
> >
> >  that *seems* to be telling me that the imap-login itself is rejecting the
> > login.
>
> No it's not.  It instead informs you that the user was properly
> logged in. The second entry occurs because the IMAP connection is
> always closed at the end of a page access, since state can't be
> maintained in PHP between two different page accesses (this is the
> main reason to use an imapproxy).

  oh, dear.

  at the risk of asking a hideously embarrassing question, are you
saying that i *need* imapproxy running for my horde login to work?
because, at the moment, it isn't since it's broken somehow in this
upgraded version of lenny.  i've been fighting with imapproxy for days
now, and can't get it installed without it failing with a config
error so i finally just took it out.

  and based on what you wrote, that kind of explains what i'm seeing
(maybe).  it appears that the horde login works fine, only to
instantly drop the authentication and start all over again.  is that
why i get told "successful login," only to keep returning to the login
screen over and over?

  if that's the case, i guess i better figure out what's wrong with
imapproxy.

rday